Saturday, July 10, 2010

My bologna says, “hello.”

After a number of delays I finally started working again.  With my paycheck as well as Tara’s we should be all caught up on bills by the end of the month (mid August at the latest).

And then… our first car.  If all goes well it appears we might even be able to attend FanExpo next year.  This year there are so many great guests: William Shatner, Stan Lee, Adam West, Burt Ward, Summer Glau (mmmm), Felicia Day (also mmm), Heather Langenkamp, as well as Victor and Scott from Reviews on the Run.  Many others as well, but those would be the ones I have the most interest in.  Unfortunately, this year is completely a no-go for us :(

Today, we finally had rain.  After the last week of humid, sticky weather it was such a welcome, even if it DIDF only last about an hour in total.

What else is new?  Futurama has returned!!  It may not be as great as the original episodes, but then again, nothing ever is (see: Simpsons, Family Guy), except South Park – this season was actually pretty good.  I’ve also started watching “The Gates.”  A family (father is the new police chief) moves into a high class, secured suburb neighbourhood.  However, his neighbours are actually Vampires, Werewolves, witches, succubi, etc.  Two episodes in and I was hooked. 

There is another new show on that I really shouldn’t like but sorta do.  “Hot in Cleveland” lol.  It basically has the same feel as The Golden Girls (especially with Betty White in it) but stars Valerie Bertonelli, the woman who played Nina on “Just Shoot Me” and Daphne from “Frasier.”  The first episode was a little hard to watch (the expositional plane scene was terrible) but it eventually got better.  Would I pay for the season 1 dvd?  no, but it’s good to watch when there’s nothing else on.

Speaking of Season 1 dvds, I recently won a trivia contest on twitter and will be getting the first season of “Hiccups” when it’s released.  Hiccups stars Nancy Robertson and Brent Butt (previously from Corner Gas) as a children’s author and her life coach, respectively.  In a world with so much original Canadian programming (HA!) this has to be one of my faves.  I actually met Brent once when I worked at Tim Horton’s, though I didn’t realize it until after I gave him his coffee.

Movies:  Apparently, The Last Airbender is horrible.  Download, it is then.  Tara wants to see Sorceror’s Apprentice – yeah that looks kinda fun.  But the big movie I can’t wait to see is The Expendables.  Sylvester Stallone, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham, Steve Austin, Mickey Rourke, and appearances from Arnold Schwarzenegger and Bruce Willis.  This movie couldn’t be any more manlier or classic action if they added Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson.  Plus, Good ol’ Charisma Carpenter is there too (another mmmm).  Apparently Van Damme would have been in it, but declined as his character had “no substance.”  This coming from the guy who played Guile in Street Fighter.

Wait a minute, with Stallone and Lundgren, will “I will break you” be said?  It has to be.

Well, this post has gone on long enough.  I’ll leave you with a movie trailer from the same shit heads that keep bringing us crap, and I’m NOT talking about Uwe Boll.

No comments:

Post a Comment