Monday, July 4, 2011

Woah! What’s this?

Heh.  Almost a year since my last post.  Surprisingly, very little has happened to me since then.  I mean, I’ve been working and we finally set a date for the wedding but, other than those… nothing of importance.

Having a blog doesn’t really work when one really has nothing to say.

Well, let’s see… regarding some of the stuff I posted in the last entry… Futurama continues with its current season, Hot in Cleveland became stupid quickly, The Gates has been canceled and The Expendables was pretty ‘meh.’  I mean, it would have been awesome in the 80’s but nowadays, I feel it just didn’t hold up. 

There’s been a ton of movies out in theatres, but I can’t recall the last one I saw.  Perhaps it was Saw 3D, I really don’t remember.  Tara and I will be going to see Transformers later this week.  Not expecting much out of it, but then again, it’s in no way a thought provoking, edge of your seat film.  The series is just a mindless popcorn flick series.  From what I hear it’s better than the 2nd one (not a difficult task to achieve). It’s always best to go into these kinds of movies with realistic (low) expectations. 

I was going to do up a review for Alice: Madness Returns for the 360. But I can sum it up thusly: It’s a fun platformer with a twisted story and a gothic art style that feels like Tim Burton should have looked at the original to make a good version of Alice in Wonderland.  If you’ve played the original, you’ll enjoy this one.  Plus, the game comes with a code to download American McGee’s Alice as well.  Though that hasn’t aged too well especially compared to the sequel.  A:MR has a few graphical glitches but there’s nothing game-breaking in there that would prevent a fun experience.

I also recently acquired ReBoot: The Definitive Mainframe Edition (review coming soon… I promise) and barely channel surfed or played any games since I got it.

I’m going to make it a point to enter something into this at least once a week, even if it’s nothing important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment